Makeup, manicures, hair appointments, and skincare regimens have long been part of the average aesthetic routine—but there’s a new player in the mix. Injectable treatments are quickly becoming a regular part of many women’s and men’s regular cosmetic maintenance, thanks to their accessibility, quick treatment times, and remarkable results. From dermal filler lip injections to BOTOX, our patients from around Chandler and Gilbert, AZ, are requesting more and more of these treatments as people of all ages discover the subtle power of injectables.
In this blog post, I’ll discuss why these treatments are becoming so popular, and how you can make them a part of your own routine.
The Growing Popularity of Injectables
At my practice, I’ve noticed a considerable uptick in the number of men and women seeking injectable treatments. There are few likely reasons for this growth, including:
- Short recovery time: Injectables require little to no downtime, making them easy to incorporate into a busy schedule. Some people even have them done over their lunch break.
- Easily customizable: Injectables are easy to adjust to meet your needs. We can precisely control the amount we inject and where we inject it to create the look you’re going for.
- Nonsurgical approach: Because the treatments are minimally invasive, they’re generally comfortable, brief, require no anesthesia, and are easier on your body than a surgical procedure.
- Affordability: Injectables are more financially accessible to many people than surgical procedures, though the results aren’t as long-lasting.
- Low risk and low commitment: Injectable treatments come with very few risks when performed by a skilled injector. Results are temporary and typically fade in a matter of months, making them ideal for men and women who don’t want to commit to long-term change. Additionally, hyaluronic acid fillers can be dissolved at any time if desired, though it’s rarely needed.
The Beauty of Subtlety
One of the biggest benefits of injectables is their ability to create noticeable but natural-looking results. Many people take the “tweakment” approach of subtly enhancing their features in a way that elevates their appearance without giving away that a cosmetic procedure has been done.
- Neuromodulators can selectively relax certain muscles to smooth out wrinkles without creating the notorious “frozen” look or drastically altering the appearance of the face. This may even help prevent wrinkles from becoming more deeply etched into the skin over time.
- Fillers can restore lost volume or enhance natural contours of the cheeks, lips, and other features. This maintains the unique features of the face while creating a more youthful, harmonious appearance.
Injectables & Your Aesthetic Maintenance Routine
If you’re new to injectables, you may consider starting with a fairly conservative treatment and exploring changes as time goes on. You’ll want to keep up with BOTOX treatments every 3 to 4 months and filler treatments every 6 months to 2 years, depending on the product and area treated. These quick touch-up appointments will help you maintain your enhanced contours and smooth skin.
If you would like to learn more about your options for filler injections, BOTOX, and more please contact us online or call our Gilbert practice at (480) 466-7355.